Services

PERIODIC MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE FOR SUZUKI VEHICLES
Interval
This interval should be judged by odometer reading
Km (x.1,000)
1
10
20
30
40
Months
1
6
12
18
24
ENGINE
1. Water pump (fan) drive belt.
I
I
I
I
R
2. Camshaft timing belt.
I
-
I
-
I
3. Engine Bolts (all cylinder head and manifold fittings)
T
-
T
-
T
4. Engine oil Filter
R
Replace every 5000 Km
5. Engine oil
-
Replace every 5000 Km
I
6. Cooling system hoses and connections
7. Exhaust pipes & mounting
-
-
I
-
I
IGNITION
-
I
I
I
I
8. Ignition wiring
-
R
R
R
R
9. Distributor cap and rotor
I
A
A
A
A
10. Spark plugs and distributor breaker point
-
I
I
I
I
FUEL  
13. Air Cleaner
Dusty Condition
Clean every   2,500 km or as required Replace
 every  20,000 km. More frequent replacement
   
    Under dusty driving conditions
14. Fuel tank cap. gas lines and connections
I
-
-
-
I
15. Fuel filter
-
I
I
I
R
16. Idle speed
A
-
A
-
A
ELECTRICAL  
17. Wiring harness, connections and headights
-
-
I
-
I
CHASSIS AND BODY  
18. Clutch play
I
I
I
I
I
19. Brake fluid
I
I
I
I
R
20. Brake pedal stroke
I
I
I
I
I
21. Hand brake lever stroke & cable
I
I
I
I
I
22. Brake drum and shoes / pads  
Inspection 5000 km
23. Brake pipes  
Inspection 5000 km
24. Tire (abnormal wear & pressure)
-
I
I
I
I
25. Wheel and hub nuts
I
I
I
I
I
26. Shock absorber
-
I
I
I
I
27. Propeller shaft or drive shaft
-
-
I&L
I
I&L
28. Transmission (transfer) and differential oil
R
-
-
R
-
29. Bolts and nuts
T
-
T
-
T
30. Steering condition
I
I
I
I
I
NOTE: For built up units, imported from japan, please follow instructions as per owner's manual regarding oils & oil filter replacement.
"A" : Check and /or adjust if necessary
"T" : Tighten to the specified Torque
"R" : Replace or change "L" : Lubricate
" I " : Inspect and correct or replace if necessary
 
Personal Attention to the vehicle
The following actions on your own initiative are required immediately if the vehicle is used in the conditions described below;
(1) After running on sea shores or roads spread with salt, the vehicle must be washed throughly with fresh - water.
(2) After running in very deep mud, inside of brake drums must be washed and cleaned.
(3) After running in water above axle height, differential gear oil must be changed.
 
DRIVING TIPS FOR FUEL ECONOMY
 
Keep your tires inflated at correct pressure. Under – inflation causes tires to wear and wastes fuel.
Avoid lengthy warm up idling. In winter this may take a little longer. However once the engine is running smoothly, begin driving.
Accelerate slowly and smoothly. Avoid jack – rabbit starts and unnecessary sudden acceleration or braking. Get into high gear as soon as possible.
Avoid long and unnecessary engine idling. If you have a long wait and you are not into traffic, it is better to turn off the engine and start again later.
Avoid engine stress or over revving. Do not rest your foot on the accelerator pedal, for short period stoppages, for example at a signal.
Do not rest your foot on the clutch or brake pedal. This causes needless wear, over heating and poor fuel economy.
Maintain a moderate speed on highways. The faster you drive greater the fuel consumption. By reducing your speed you will cut down on fuel consumption.
Ensure proper wheel alignment. Avoid hitting the curb and slow down on rough roads. Improper alignment not only causes faster tire wear but also puts an extra load on the engine, which in turn wastes fuel.
Avoid unnecessary stopping and braking. Maintain a steady pace, keep a proper distance from other vehicles to avoid sudden braking. This will also reduce your brakes from wearing.
A/C usage increases fuel consumption, Operate the lever on re-circulate position to optimize cooling.
Always use Genuine Parts including A/C. Non- Genuine parts affect fuel-consumption, can be dangerous and can cause accidents.
Keep your vehicle tuned-up and in top shape, A dirty air cleaner, out of adjustment carburetor, dirty plugs dirty oil and grease, brakes unadjusted etc., all lower engine performance and increase fuel consumption.